This product contains MoSe2 flakes solution in ethanol. The MoSe2 solution has been developed by ultrasonic treatment of bulk MoSe2 high quality crystals synthesized through vapor transport (CVT) technique. Since the starting material (CVT grown MoSe2 crystals) is highly crystalline, ultrasonic treatment to delaminate MoSe2 layers yields highly crystalline MoSe2 mono-, few-, and some thick layers suspended in ethanol solution. The crystallinity of MoSe2 nanomaterials has been confirmed through electron energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDAX), Raman spectroscopy (FWHM<5 cm-1), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) measurements. Depending on the thickness of the layers, flakes deposited on different substrates produce light emission (photoluminescence). Lateral sizes of MoSe2 flakes deposited onto different substrates range from ~10nm - ~10 mm while thickness range from 1L to 10s of layers.
Note on volume, concentration, and solvent type: To reduce shipping costs, we ship supersaturated 2D solutions (~80-120 mg/L depending on the type of 2D layers). However, supersaturated solutions can be diluted to produce ~250-500mL of solution to deposit 2D layers onto desired substrates through simple and cost-effective spin-casting process. In our product, ethanol is used (and recommended) as the dispersant solvent owing to its environmental stability, thermal stability, dispersant properties, and non-contaminating nature. However, if your research needs other solvents, please contact us support_at_2dsemiconductors.com
- Identification. MoSe2 solutions created by delamination of MoSe2 crystals (grown by CVT method) through ultrasonication technique
- Physical dimensions. 1 to 10 layers in thickness (thicker pieces might be observed depending on usage) and 10nm to 10 microns in lateral dimensions.
- Smoothness. Atomically smooth surface with roughness < 0.35 nm.
- Purity. 99.999% purity as determined by nano-SIMS measurements
- Stability. High environmental and dispersant stability.
- Crystallinity. Highly crystalline nanomaterials. No amorphous sheets, contaminants, or hidden secondary phases.
- Dispersant solution. Ethanol is highly recommended though other solvents can be prepared on demand.
- Support. 2Dsemiconductors USA is an American owned, regulated, and operated company. Our customers are well-protected by international as well as strict American customer laws and regulations. We give full technical support and guarantee your satisfaction with our well-established customer
Typical SEM images from 2D solutions
SEM images collected from 2D MoSe2 solutions
Raman spectrum collected from 2D MoSe2 solutions
EDS spectrum collected from 2D MoSe2 solution
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Are these solutions good for catalytic measurements?
A: Yes, our 2D solutions are commonly used by catalysis community
Q2: What is the volume of the solution?
A: Each order can either contain 2mL of supersaturated monolayer solution (~200mg/L) or dense 20mL solutions (~20mg/L). We recommend using 2mL solutions as this will cut down the shipping charges and shipping times.
Q3: Are these 2D solutions consist of 100% monolayers?
A: This will depend on your requirements. We can design monolayer, few-layer, multi-layer, and even bulk layered solutions. Please identify what kind of solution (material type) you prefer to use during check out.
Q4: How about the solution types?
A: This will also depend on your application. We have capability to accommodate IPA, H2O, DMF, NMP, and many others. Just let us know what you have in mind.