The only magnetic grade CrCl3 vdW crystals in the commercial market. Our customers knows that slim amount of defects and magnetic impurities are sufficient to mask the observation of exotic magnetic behavior from 2D magnets. Our vdW magnets are created using state-of-the-art techniques to provide highest magnetic quality crystals through slow but high quality self-flux technique without using any contaminating transport agents.
CrCl3 (chromium triichloride) is layered antiferromagnet which is rather easy to exfoliate down to monolayer and shows excellent environmental stability. It exhibits a magnetic ordering temperature between 14 to 17 K. CrCl3 is at the cusp of ferromagnetic ordering upon small amount of applied magnetic field strength. Moreover, recent studies have shown that CrCl3 layered crystals undergo a crystallographic phase transition near 240 K from monoclinic (C2/m) to rhombohedral (R3) at low temperatures. Our CrCl3 crystals are grown using chemical vapor transport technique without using any transport chemical agent to ensure no contamination is present. Our precursors are purified with added care to eliminate any magnetic impurities or magnetic dopants to eliminate magnetic contamination effects. All these products are handled using non-magnetic tweezers and in non-magnetic environment with tools that are free of magnetic impurities to ensure intrinsic magnetic properties can be confidently measured and probed.
- Large amount of material to work for many months to years
- Environmentally stable and easy to exfoliate for ease in your experimental work
- Perfect crystallization: In our growth process, we pay close attention to creating perfect crystals, each and every crystal is handled and characterized under vacuum or Argon environment.
- Sample packaging: Samples are purged with Ar gas multiple times, pumped to 1E-6 Torr pressures to ensure crystals do not interact with the residual gases.
- Fresh samples: Crystals are always freshly grown and immediately shipped out.
- Full characterization: Samples are characterized using variety of techniques all under inert gas conditions to confirm the crystalline quality (see product images)
The properties of layered CrCl3 crystals
Sample size Each order contains ~0.2 grams of containing many layered clean crystals Material properties Magnetic semiconductor Crystal structure C2/m at high and R3 at low temperatures Unit cell parameters Room temperature C2/m phase: a=0.606; b=1.05; c=0.656 β=107.15° Production method Chemical vapor transport without any magnetic impurity 6N purity Characterization methods SIMS, XRD, EDS, Raman (see product images)