Red Phosphorene ribbons
Red phosphorene ribbons are new class of anisotropic semiconductors (~1.7 eV band gap). These quasi-1D crystals have been synthesized through high pressure anvil cell method to realize exfoliation grade quasi-1D red phosphorene nanoribbons. Our product consists of large size (~1cm) crystals containing fiber / needle like red phosphorene sheets as shown in product images. Product has rated 99.9995% purity and high electronic, structural, and optical grade quality.
- Large amount of material to work for many months to years
- Environmentally stable and easy to exfoliate for ease in your experimental work
- Perfect crystallization: In our growth process, we pay close attention to creating perfect crystals, each and every crystal is handled and characterized under vacuum or Argon environment.
- Sample packaging: Samples are purged with Ar gas multiple times, pumped to 1E-6 Torr pressures to ensure crystals do not interact with the residual gases.
- Fresh samples: Crystals are always freshly grown and immediately shipped out.
- Full characterization: Samples are characterized using variety of techniques all under inert gas conditions to confirm the crystalline quality (see product images)
The properties of layered red phosphorene crystals
Sample size Each order contains ~cm size crystals Material properties Quasi-1D semiconductor ribbons Crystal structure Triclinic quasi-1D ribbon phase Unit cell parameters a=0.785; b=1.24; c=1.35 nm; α=70.031°; β=71.819°; γ=78.024° Production method High pressure anvil cell growth Characterization methods SIMS, XRD, EDS, Raman (see product images)
See original publication
Giant anisotropic photonics in the 1D van der Waals semiconductor fibrous red phosphorus
Nature Communications volume 12, Article number: 4822 (2021)