Advantages of Ta3FeS6 intercalation magnets from 2Dsemiconductors Inc
- Guaranteed Fe intercalation
- Guaranteed no phase separation (no TaS2 + Ta3FeS6 + TaS3 mixtures)
- Guaranteed magnetic performance
- Guaranteed stoichiometry by SIMS measurements
- One year customer support
- World leader customer support and excellent return policy
Ta3FeS6 is a ferromagnetic intercalation magnet with a Curie temperature of around ~80K. The structure consists of Fe atoms intercalated between TaS2 sheets at x=1/3 ratio to form Ta3FeS6.
How was intercalation carried?
The Fe intercalation into TaS2 layers are carried under high pressures and high temperatures to ensure proper structuring. Large TaS2 crystals with Fe intercalants cannot insert themselves into TaS2 sheets properly. For that reason, our process intentionally uses small mm to 3mm size crystals to successfully introduce these Fe atoms between TaS2 layers.