This product contains h-BN mono- and few-layer flakes solution in ethanol. The h-BN solution has been developed by ultrasonic treatment of h-BN high quality crystals synthesized through cubic anvil device high pressure growth technique. Since the starting material h-BN is highly crystalline, ultrasonic treatment to delaminate h-BN layers yields highly crystalline h-BN mono-, few-, and some thick layers suspended in ethanol solution. The crystallinity of h-BN nanomaterials has been confirmed through electron energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDAX), Raman spectroscopy (FWHM<5 cm-1), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) measurements. Lateral sizes of h-BN flakes deposited onto different substrates range from ~25nm - ~10 mm while thickness range from 1L to 10s of layers.
Note on volume, concentration, and solvent type: To reduce shipping costs, we ship supersaturated 2D solutions (~80-120 mg/L depending on the type of 2D layers). However, supersaturated solutions can be diluted to produce ~250-500mL of solution to deposit 2D layers onto desired substrates through simple and cost-effective spin-casting process. In our product, ethanol is used (and recommended) as the dispersant solvent owing to its environmental stability, thermal stability, dispersant properties, and non-contaminating nature. However, if your research needs other solvents, please feel free to contact us.
- Identification. H-BN solutions created by delamination of h-BN crystals (grown by high pressure technique) through ultrasonication technique
- Physical dimensions. 1 to 10 layers in thickness (thicker pieces might be observed depending on usage) and 10nm to 10 microns in lateral dimensions.
- Smoothness. Atomically smooth surface with roughness < 0.35 nm.
- Purity. 99.999% purity as determined by nano-SIMS measurements
- Stability. High environmental and dispersant stability.
- Crystallinity. Highly crystalline nanomaterials. No amorphous sheets, contaminants, or hidden secondary phases.
- Dispersant solution. Ethanol is highly recommended though other solvents can be prepared on demand.
- Support. 2Dsemiconductors USA is an American owned, regulated, and operated company. Our customers are well-protected by international as well as strict American customer laws and regulations. We give full technical support and guarantee your satisfaction with our well-established customer
Typical SEM images from 2D solutions
SEM images collected from h-BN solution
Raman spectrum (532nm) collected from h-BN solutions
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Are these solutions good for catalytic measurements?
A: Yes, our 2D solutions are commonly used by catalysis community
Q2: What is the volume of the solution?
A: Each order can either contain 2mL of supersaturated monolayer solution (~200mg/L) or dense 20mL solutions (~20mg/L). We recommend using 2mL solutions as this will cut down the shipping charges and shipping times.
Q3: Are these 2D solutions consist of 100% monolayers?
A: This will depend on your requirements. We can design monolayer, few-layer, multi-layer, and even bulk layered solutions. Please identify what kind of solution (material type) you prefer to use during check out.
Q4: How about the solution types?
A: This will also depend on your application. We have capability to accommodate IPA, H2O, DMF, NMP, and many others. Just let us know what you have in mind.